Monday, March 9, 2009

BEATING PALM BEACH: ONE FOR THE RECORD BOOKS

I already did a little e-high five last week when the news broke Surfrider and friends beating Palm Beach in court, but thought I better update a little further since this landmark battle will actually become case law, meaning it will help in future fights down the road. What might be the bigger record on this one, however, is longest time elapsed without any surf media coverage. When I slammed out this quick Q and A with plaintiff Terry Gibson on Friday, I thought for sure I was already scooped. But here we are, another two days down the road, and still not a lick of recognition anywhere. Let this be a lesson to everyone on how much support and effort can you expect from your surfing brothers and sisters when it comes to protecting your homebreak. (Zero.) It's up to you. Start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment